Wednesday 19 June 2024

How I am Spending My Time Daily (Work Day)

 Given that my full time job is 100% work from office, I will be able to keep to the same routine more easily.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, I am trying to cultivate better habits into my life. Here are some ways that I am trying to change and hopefully it will stay.

Before Leaving the House

Read News: 30min max (I know many books mentioned how toxic news is as it is heavily focused on the negatively to capture our attention. However, I am still curious about the world and will like to be kept up to date)

Exercise:

  • Lift some light barbell weights at home while drinking coffee and reading news: 5min at max repetitions (not sure if it is healthy but it is part of the habit to increase the exercise level)
  • Max number of push ups before leaving house for work

During the Long Commute

Read News: Finish up left over news

Read Book: At least 10 pages (some contents are dry)

Drama: Watch 1 episode of TV drama to relax

Work

Work is just work.

After Work Commute

News: 30min

Read book: At least read to maintain the momentum

Drama: Watch 1 episode of TV drama to relax

At Home

Read book: Continue reading the book (usually too tired to process anything)

Unwind: YouTube (May not be the best habit)

Journal: Start the habit of journaling

I found out that after work, it is not easy to do things that require brain work. It is too mentally draining and I will have to try to tailor the habits. In the end, I will most likely be watching some informative content on YouTube or journal. Otherwise, a better habit might be to sleep even earlier.

The habits above do not account for any over time required at work. If there is any overtime work, the brain capacity will be reduced due to a shortage of sleep and a lot of the more “productive” habits may end up as resting or even dozing off during the commute.

How are you spending your time? Are you going to start changing to waste less time doom scrolling and potentially affecting your sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment