Wednesday 2 December 2015

Post Exam Talk

Now that exams are over, I should give some comment on how I feel about the modules I took for Mechanical Engineering Year 1 Semester 1. I took quantitative analysis (GER1000), Mathematics 1 (MA1505), Physics IE (PC1431), Programming Methodology (CS1010E) and Statics and Mechanics of materials (EG1109M). I will not be giving a review of these modules as I am too lazy to do so unless someone requests for it I made a module review, explanation is given at the P.S. However, what I would like to type is how I feel about the modules overall, ESPECIALLY THE EXAM.

GER1000:
This module's exam was my first exam in my university life. After going through the exam, even though the questions are tricky, I feel that it is manageable as compared to the other exams.

MA1505:
For this module, I couldn't catch up with the syllabus at all. It may be that I am stupid or I am just slower than the rest in learning, but I found that the exams are really tough. I left about 3-4 questions (5marks each) blank. That paper is over 80 marks. Those are only the questions that I left blank, I didn't consider the ones that I skipped halfway through as I didn't know how to do or felt that I had to at least write something for other questions.

PC1431:
The exam for this module was tough too. I can't remember the number of blanks I left but it is ok. Sometimes, memories are lost due to traumatic experiences. I believe the brain erased the memory to protect me.

CS1010E:
THIS PAPER WAS THE WORST. IT IS TOO DIFFICULT. Out of 40 marks, 15 marks were left blank. BLANK. Initially, I thought that if the exam is not too bad, I might consider taking another programming module as one of the unrestricted elective module. However, after this exam, I guess I am not suitable for it.

EG1109M:
Despite how difficult it is to understand this module, as many concepts were very new, the exam paper seems doable. It made me doubt myself while I was doing the paper. However, life is not always rosy, I was stunned by the first question. It looked simple, but I just couldn't do.

To conclude, I guess I was arrogant, over confident and lazy. After going through these exams, I realised why people said that university is really tough. I have really underestimated the difficulty of the exams. What to do? All I can do now I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Who would like to redo their mods? I guess nobody likes it. But doesn't matter, it is over. I feel like I am complaining and whining like a little kid, but please bear with me, so sorry.

I shall quote from Saitama (main character of One Punch Man), "I shall leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me." The sentence structure doesn't seem correct, but it is ok, as long as you can get it, it is fine.

P.S. I realised that maybe a module review will be beneficial for people out there who are going to take these modules, so I made a review.

I will like to promote my friend's app from DanbooruWorks as the downloads are quite pathetic. The apps are:
Prix - CompareFirst is not just another shopping app!
PriceText – Price searching and comparing made easier

Please do try them and if they are good, do support by using them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment