Saturday 16 January 2016

Monthly Expenses in NUS for Semester 2 AY 2015/2016

Now that my timetable is fixed, I am able to recalculate what my expenses will be for this semester. I will be using the same format as the one I used previously. Please do not be shocked if this post seems familiar. The post for year 1 semester 1 is here.

Assumption: A month has 4 weeks and 22 working days. This spending is for my Year 1 Semester 2 as different semesters will have different timetable and will affect my spending.

CCA - Co-curriculum activity (which also means activities that occur outside of studies and is something that we chose to do)

MRT concession - $45.00
Bus rides - $1.00 * 12 (about 3 times every week due to my CCA and lessons ending                                          late and the shuttle bus frequency is very low at night)
Daily coffee - $0.70 * 22
Lunch meals - $4.00 * 22 (the prices vary but $4 is about the average)
Dinner meals - $4.00 * 12 (I stay back for about 2 times a month for CCA)

Total - $208.40

Total budget required per month - $250

I like to give myself additional budget as there will be unexpected stay backs for CCAs or for projects. Usually, towards the end of the semester, we will have to rush for the completion of our projects and many weekends will be burnt. All these will add cost as additional lunches, dinners and bus rides have to be accounted for. Hopefully the allocated budget will be sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment