Sunday 11 October 2015

University Life

It has been sometime since I last blogged as I was busy with university. Life in university is really different. I always heard people saying that the stress level every semester is like "A" Levels again. Initially, I didn't believe them. I guess I was arrogant and didn't know the true horrors of university. "A" Levels again? It is really an understatement. I have no idea if it is because of me not studying for close to 3 years and I am not used to studying or university is just SUPER FAST PACED. Once you cannot get a concept in one chapter, you are basically dead. All the doubts will start to pile up and snowball. Hopefully it is just a thing that I am still not used to but I have to adapt.

In university, I heard someone saying "university is like the hunger games of academia". I guess it is very true, especially in the grade obsessed culture of Singapore. I agree I have that mindset too, where grades matters. However, I believe many people will agree with me that being able to have a comfortable pace of learning and being able to learn what we like will be ideal. Reality is so much different, grades do matter especially if you want to graduate and find a job quickly with better pay than the rest.

I guess I have to go back to studying again. The never-ending projects and tutorials will continue to reduce my sleep but I believe everyone is going through the same process and will have to compromise on things. For me, I think I will have to compromise on sleep. How long will I be able to keep this up? I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment