Saturday 24 October 2015

Reflection

Sometimes I like to ask myself, why did I choose Engineering, especially Mechanical Engineering. It is a sunset industry in Singapore. Many people advised me not to study Engineering as it is really tough and there is not much demand out there. They are speaking from experience, but is there anything else that interest me?

Dreams...What are my dreams? When we were young, we have some crazy dreams. "I want to be a pilot when I grow up." "Flying an aeroplane, especially a fighter jet looks so cool." Then I was exposed to anime and especially gundams. Flying machines everywhere shooting beams and stuff. Cool!!! I want to make these machines in the future for fun! Or if I were good enough, I might want to even pilot them. However, being the lazy me, I have never tinkered with anything. I like to tell myself that I will do so in the future, but the future never arrives. I am lazy, a person who only likes to boast but with no actions taken. People ask me, if you want to do these in the future, have you tried building anything? Have you opened up devices to see how things work? Do you think you are able to build your machines alone? Somehow nobody seem to actually crush my dream by saying it is impossible to build, they will say it will not happen as there is no need for it as everything is autonomous and we are in the age of stealth. Will I continue to dream? Or will my dream be shattered by myself? Or will I do something about it? Only time will tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment