Saturday 7 November 2015

School Life

I think it might seem boring that I keep typing about school life, but what to do? I have no other life. Even if i were to be free, I will be spending my leisure time staying at home reading manga, some light novels and watching anime. However, university has mainly reduced my leisure time. I know that school is coming to an end, which also means that exams are coming in 14 days, but I am just able to get rid of the laziness. Being at home makes me feel like slacking, but going out to study will also mean that I will have to spend the money on transport and food, and also waste time travelling. Even though walking is my only exercise, I pretty to lie in bed doing nothing.

Currently, I am reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Although I have watched the anime, I feel that anime tends to cut a lot of details and sometimes I prefer anime is because I cannot visualise the fight scenes or the light novel/manga has not been translated. Being a lazy person, I can't be bothered to learn Japanese.  Reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei makes me look back at myself.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS ALERT*

It makes me think back about why I chose to study Engineering. What are my dreams? What have I done to work towards them? What are my talents? Do I even know my strengths and weaknesses? Then I also realised that as a normal Singaporean, we like to compare with others and are afraid of losing to others. I admit I have the tendency to do that too but I would like to convince myself that if I tried my best, I shouldn't compare with others. Everyone works hard, but different people have different learning ability, so we should not compare. However, I am unable to convince myself as I am lazy and hard do my work, I can't really blame anyone when I don't do well. Who wouldn't want to do well? When I don't do well, I will feel demoralised but I don't change my ways. I wonder how long more or how many more set backs will it take for me to actually start working hard...

Sometimes, don't we all wish we are some over powered main character of our own life? And not some minor character or even an invisible passer-by?

No comments:

Post a Comment