Sunday 7 February 2016

Chinese New Year

Finally, it is Chinese New Year Eve and I can take a break from school. However, that isn't really the case. During this long weekend/long break of 4 days, I have many goals to be achieved. I am lagging behind my math lectures by about 4 webcast (Lecture 4 currently out of 8 lectures), my assignments for EG1310 and GET1021. Many tutorials to be done but I feel that this long break is mainly used for me to catch up on my sleep. I did not have sufficient sleep everyday especially the weekdays. I only have weekends to repay the sleep debt. Why is that so? The earliest that I can sleep is 12am and I will have to wake up at 6am. That is the maximum, 6 hours. Which is why I require to drink coffee everyday and the effects of caffeine is waning. In the past, when I first started drinking coffee/tea, I will be able to drink it at around 6+am and I will not be able to sleep until only after 11.30pm. Times have changed, I have grown older and coffee is not working as well already. A comfortable lecture seat with nice background music will help me to sleep very well for at least half an hour. This is also a reason why I don't go for math lectures; I will just be sleeping through half of the lecture and not knowing what was going on. There are also negative effects of missing lectures. As I have mentioned above, I will not have the time and the self discipline to watch the webcast and catch up to the latest video.

How will all these affect me? I believe that our CAP can only go down. How depressing, but that is life. One have to accept that life is tough and persevere on.

No comments:

Post a Comment