Friday 26 February 2016

The Future Of Our Home

Previously, I was writing about what I would like to see in the future of transport in Singapore. However, transport is not the only thing that I wish will be changed. As human beings, we like to strive to be better, but I strive to be lazier. There are a few things that I would like to see in the future so that it will help me to achieve a reclusive life.

Cooking:
In the near future, I will like to see that cooking be automated. With grocery delivery services, heavy items like rice and drinks will not require us to be carried from the supermarket/ wet market home, but delivered to us. If those items can be easily cooked by a machine, wouldn't it save a lot of time and effort? What I propose is to have a set of recipes that the machine can cook, preprogrammed. As time passes, there will be updates to the software to include more recipes or even fine tune the machine to make the food tastier. Even though I might be picky eater, I dislike some food but overall, as long as the food can be eaten and is not disgusting, it is fine.

Cleaning:
Currently, there aren't many automated cleaning machines or that they are still making progress. The most famous one will be the Roomba. I will prefer a robot that can clean the whole house smartly: the windows, toilets and etc. To clean a house properly requires a lot of time and effort. As a lazy person, my room is usually in a mess and how clean it is, is for me to know and for you to find out (not like I will allow you to find out).

Autonomous domestic helper:
I hope to see that all our household chores are automated by a robot. Cleaning, laundry, cooking.This robot will be a combination of the things that are mentioned. All these mundane chores, if we were able to remove it from our lives, how much time do you think we can save? That amount of time saved will enable me to sleep more or even do nothing more!

Downsides:
There are certainly cons to everything. With these household chores automated, people might question about the taste of the food and how with many things automated, we might lose the skills needed and even grow lazier. With us having to move less, we will grow fatter and more sedentary diseases will afflict us. However, that all boils down to what we want. There is certainly a choice for whatever we want to do. We choose to do the chores and tell the robot to go into sleep mode. That is not the point though, what I would like to do is to slack and continue to be lazy.

Of course with more software involved, there might be hackers trying to hack into the system and try to kill us. Let's hope that cyber security will be able to deter or even be a step ahead of hackers so that my reclusive life can be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment